In her 2 1/2 years as Town Clerk, Tistrya has served all of her constituents efficiently and with a smile!
- Tistrya works hard for an open and transparent government by making documents easily accessible on the Town's website
- Sends out regular email blasts, to keep them apprised of what is going on in their community,
- Mails a quarterly newsletter to all residents specifically reaching our growing senior population who don't use email or have access to the town website.
- Set up two programs when she saw a need in her community for support of families in crisis: the holiday gift drive and the free store.
- The holiday gift drive connects families in the community who need support providing gifts for their children at the holidays with people in the community who are able and willing to provide this support.
- The free store works to keep items out of the landfill as well as providing clothing, shoes and children's items to people who need them. Anybody can come and take what they need for free!
- Tistrya has also worked tirelessly to assist her town in completing high impact actions through the clean energy communities program such as energy bench marking and applying for a grant to install an EV charging station.
Tistrya: noun (tis'-tree-a)
1. incredible candidate for New York State Assembly District 107 covering Rensselaer, Columbia and Washington Counties
2. experienced elected official with deep roots in the community
3. mother, activist, community volunteer, public servant